- Study shows hedge funds outperform equities, commodities and bonds
- The Navigator- November 2011- a publication by the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority
- Alternative Options: Hedge fund redomiciliation trends in evolving markets
- European Finance Ministers Agree on Rules for Hedge-Funds, Private Equity
- Cayman Fund Registrations Buck Global Trend
- Cayman Regulator Launches CIMA-Connect for Financial E-Business
- Cayman is No. 1 Specialised Financial Centre- Bankers IFC Ranking
- European Commission Suggests Hedge-Fund Compromise. Click Here for the Wall Street Journal Article
- Premier's Statement on EU Directive.
- Local Insolvency Experts represent Cayman in Argentina.
- Funds Set for Rebound- Cayman Still Leads the Way!
- Strong Outlook for Captives and Funds
- No Direct Taxes in the Cayman Islands.
- Cayman Islands on OECD Global Forum Steering Group.
- The Cayman Islands is now on the OECD White List.
- Moody's maintains its stable outlook on the Cayman Islands.
- The Leader of Government Business' statements on Cayman Islands Government Finances
|Cayman government clarifies Mutual Funds Law|
|Regulation and Administration|
The CIG noted that some practitioners interpreted the law differently, but said that both the government and CIMA disagreed. The industry memo said that to avoid any ambiguity, the government would be drafting a further amending bill to the Mutual Funds Law to ensure absolute clarity on its position. It is expected that thisamendment will be passed before the current 21 March 2012 deadline by which master funds that were in existence prior to 22 December 2012 are currently required to register with CIMA.
Master funds that were created after 22 December 2012 should have already been registered.
|Last Updated on Monday, 05 March 2012 12:23|